Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yozakura Shijuusou 1

Hime's Zettai Ryouiki is FTW.

I'm not about blogging any anime episodes but since my blog is obviously about animes and a made reviews about them also makes a blog interesting, I decided to start one as well *That's is just FMHO.*. Since many have blogged Gundam 00 S2 *I don't want to join the bandwagon.*, I decided to pick from the other list and I remembered that Yozokura Quartet has hit my nerve back then when I'm looking in the upcoming anime previews.

The first episode was nothing epic, the usual introductory phase of most anime series. Story started with the introduction of Sakurashin, a town where human and Youkai can live together *Sounds familiar?*. These town is said the place of Sakura trees that was and only way of the youkai can be send back to their dimension. The Hiizumi clan, where the successor and the only human who can perform the process called "tuning" *Dispel Youkais.* came from, must act to protect human against Youkai with the intention to hurt the latter. Because the Youkai's immigration increasing annually and so with the security risk, the task of protecting the town has become organized, leaving the job to a group consisting of Youkais and the successor of Hiizumi clan.

Some Hiizumi Clan or Zetsubou Sensei?

The episode showed glimpse of how these group "Yozakura Shijuusou or Yozakura Quartet" works in maintaining the order in Sakurashin. A super-strong girl named Hime, a Dragon Incarnation, Ao, a Satori (mind reading Yokai), a conjurer named Kotoha, and a Hiizumi named Akina.

Hime, the Dragon incarnate. She demonstrated her power by...

standing still in high places,...

jumping so high with her long scarf on,

deflecting speeding bullet with her bare hand,

and crying over a overheated instant noodles.

Ao, the mind reader and probably the youngest. She's sad with the
perverted thoughts going on in the air. It's kinda hard for her.

This is how she uses her power. Looks like a scene from some H-anime!

"Much closer look!"

Kotoha, the "Language user". She can summon
things through emphasized words.

Here, she's about to summon load of ammunitions.

and with just that being said, she unleashes the firepower...

I wonder why she didn't use her power to... build her plamos?

Akina, the "Tuning" expert.

Nothing really special about him. Just your normal anime guy who dispels Youkai..
After all it's only the first episode.


Yozakura Quartet, Quar... oh. One, two, three, four, five? Okay, but sure I can count.

The culprit. The reason why I counted five. Kyosuke, the "Oni", huh?

Someone just sneaked in,but in a very obvious place and he looked familiar.

I see, that's why he is so familiar. He looks like Ao.

Oh man! What were they' doing? Siscon?


My Verdict:

Seems like my rapid cognition failed me, nothing really excite me when I watched it. My snap judgment when I first read the description of it in some anime previews really felt short cause it's totally different from what I'm expecting. The animation is just okay, the character design I can say is "Not your typical...". The art through opening and ending themes were quite amusing even though the music is not that "catchy" and I probably will skip it the next time. But since it's just the first episode like what I've said I will still give it a try but to keep on blogging it, nah these is enough. If you want some girls with unconventional character designs and supernatural powers, these probably might do the work. All in all, good anime but not that special.

No comments: