Monday, October 6, 2008

I Want My Figures

I command you! Buy us!

This post will also serves as my Versus Post for the week.

I'm not that fascinated by the idea of collecting anime figures. My reasons are;

1. First, they're expensive. I don't have that enough money to spare. *I rather turn my impulsive buying head to other stuff than to spend it for them, that was my point.*

2. I find most figures *the affordable ones* less detailed and their poses are quite boring for me. *That's why you need some grand to spare to avail complex version.*

3. I'm easily get tired of things I bought *Since figures need maintenance e.g. cleaning*

But as the saying goes, "Changes are the only permanent things in life."

Like what I've just said in my previous post, my friends and I went in an Anime Event which was held inside a Mall. After the event, we decided to tour ourselves and that was when I saw Code Geass R2 keychains. So I decided to buy it, but much for my dismay, I noticed that we just need token... and a basket full of LUCK! They're not for sale for god sake! They're only price for these game machine *The keychains are inside this machine with of course token slot, kinda Panchinko but I don't have any idea how to play it.* I want to try but man the line was long for the counter and it was late already.

The one I saw in mall was smaller and cuter but I can't google it.

For some unknown reason, that maybe ignited my passion for figure collecting again. I can say these is my second time around since I used to collect American Figures like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joes, Transformers, Matchboxes and my only Japanese figure was the Jets of Choudenshi BioMan (Bio Jet One & Two) which can transform and become Bio Robo. *I lied! the Bio Jets were from my friend and I remember I am more than willing to trade all of my figures just for that Bio Jets!*. I was desperately pleading to him but he just ignored me.

These was worth crying for!


So from now on, I'm determine to start all over again. Somehow, those cute little things strengthen my resolve. No I'm not exaggerating, that's what I really feeling right now. I'm thinking what should I buy first for my first figure, human figs or mechs?

If your to start collecting figures, what would that be, human or Mech?

If I buy human fig;

1. Others might think I'm a pervert. The likes of Kallen, C.C., Villeta and Cornelia figures with their seductive poses might bring up some issues of my decency.

2. On the other hand, if I buy figures of Lelouch, Light or Abarai Renji somebody might question my gender preferences.

*I'm just thinking too much!* No, I'm just playing dumb!

If I buy mechs;

1. They're much more expensive compare to the other figures.

2. I must exert more effort just by building them. I remember Genshiken's Mitsunori Kugayama sentiments when building them.


My Verdict:


I can't decide for now but maybe I'll go with the Mechs.

9 comments:

blood on the mirror said...

Haha there are wholesome figures don't worry.

They look really good too.

I suggest you get whatever you really like and don't bother about what other people think. You can always use the detail and pose for an excuse XD

Panther said...

HUMANOID FIGURES!!!1111

Maikaru said...

@blood on the mirror

Thanks for the tips. Btw your blog gave me an idea of what to post. That ignited everything! The figure otaku in me just dying to get out of me. Thanks again.

hikky said...

I prefer human figures, cause I like the idea to have my faved Anime characters near me.
Don't worry there are lots of good looking ones.

"1. First, they're expensive."

Ok, thats a point, but it depends very much on the country you live in though. (Europe for example is the worst case but I guess you wouldn't have to pay 26% taxes/customs).
Most full scale PVC figures are priced around lets say 6000Yen, but if you are going for cold casts figures.. thats a completly different topic^^

And as blood on the mirror said: Don't mind what others think, we are always a little bit different^^ But maybe you shoudn't place the NSFW ones directly besides your front door or so xD

blood on the mirror said...

@Maikaru>>> Well I just hope I don't get killed for making you spend XD

Although if it makes you feel any better, that's normal for a figure collector. Worst case is when you have friends who are collectors too XD

Maikaru said...

@hikky

Thanks for the info! That also help me decide if I'm going to pursue it or not.

Lol @ placing NSFW ones in most accessible place in your house!

Maikaru said...

@ Blood on the Mirror

Not at all. And I'm not that violent to hurt someone who help me decide. I'm as tame as a cat! Lolz XD

Anonymous said...

Ohh that's a hard choice.. as a girl, i'd willingly go head over heels for that Kallen over there >.>

Anonymous said...

I buy the mechs, the waifu buys the figs!