Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lelouch Versus Light

Zero or Kira?

Another week has passed and that also mean for me to post my second Versus post. I've been thinking of what should be here after the first where Shana had the upper hand against my bet Louise through survey in Mr. Danny Choo's site. So after anime characters why not repeat it with another characters? So I thought about continuing these with Yagami Light & Lelouch Lamperouge.

No, I'm not going to ask if who's the most handsome of the two. I don't want to sound gay by doing that. Yes they're a kickass combo if we're going to talk YAOI! Eww! Just Kidding. Alright the subject is, who's is the most powerful, Light or Zero?

Powerful? I'm not just limiting these with their used of Geass and Death Note since I think Light would have some advantages over Lulu. But what I'm trying to imply here is; who is the most efficient when it comes utilizing their "resources". Not just their power alone, it can also be their logics and analysis, human manipulation, deception, and even sacrifices that they did.

It has been a diffucult debate for myself to decide who's the best since the creators has been brilliant in manifesting the kind of characters they want the viewers to perceive of them. Since I saw Death Note first, I thought Light has been the most wicked protagonist so far but then here comes Code Geass which is reminded me of Death Note, with Lelouch doing some tricks similar to Light actions . And after the first season of CG, I found many similarities between them. Both are designed to seduce the girls and gays, with the help of their kickass hairs! They both have alias; Kira and Zero. They became, as for me, cold blooded killers and chaos makers but hailed by most their hero. They have "partners" to whom they've gotten their powers. They will also do whatever it takes, even to kill their close someone just to stay unbusted.

Behind Every Success of a man there's a Monster or a Weirdo?

My Verdict

We all know Light died and we still don't know what will gonna happen to Lelouch as the second season is still on going but even though I can't rank one of them higher than other but my vote would be for Lelouch if . He has the power to manipulate girls. Yeah think about it, think about the babes of CG, using it to command them to love you, wouldn't that be cool? And now, how about the death note? You can't use it and write their names in the notebook and do what? Heart attacks? Neh, that would be irrational! And again I'm just kidding.

Update:

Episode 25 of Code Geass might be the last episode for Lelouch to use his Geass and do what the others are calling breathing! Check Dark Mirage's Episode 25 review to see what I really mean.

1 comment:

blood on the mirror said...

Hey there.

I prefer Lelouch as well, but not necessarily for his power.

It's more of the fact that he seemed to have more of a heart than Raito based on the manga Raito (since I have not watched the anime)

While Lelouch DID use people to get what he wanted, he still thought about other people like Nunnaly. Raito only cared about himself and to save the world.