Monday, September 22, 2008

ToraDora

One of the interesting upcoming anime, Toradora.

Fall of 2008 will be exciting for us anime lovers. Bunch of new shows will be out soon. No, I will not join the bandwagon of bloggers giving their portion of their brains making predictions and criticisms about the newcomers cause I'm kinda late to do that. But for the latest list of animes and what others have to say about certain shows, you can check out that.animeblogger.net. I saw few familiar titles with their sequels; Nodame Cantabile Paris, Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae, Vampire Knight Guilty, Clannad ~after story~etc. that surely must see and should be in my watchlist.

But as i reading other anime blogs *~memories-of-eternity~* and does some reading to what should and should not be watch, Toradora rung my bell. I've been in so much shoujo lately*I call it Shoujo Overdozed, thanks to my former classmate for recommending some titles and i got hooked.* so I find the story seem kinda common in the sense of it's plot,-one school guy hoping to have a good year in the class-of course doesn't date anybody yet but have interest in going out with one and that's one of the reason he's so pumped up for school-then meet a prominent violent girl that no man would ever fall for since she is scary-definitely not the kind of girl he is dreaming about and as for the girl you never have thought that she will also fall for the guy but as usual setting goes-they end up liking each other. But I have a good feeling about these though. Why you might say? Didn't t you just say it has common plot? Well there are couples of reasons.

I didn't discount what some bloggers are saying about these since I never read the manga and i don't want them to influence me just of yet. And of course i don't want to spoil the anime version. I'll just leave it that way, that the description of Toradora is interesting so I'm going to watch it. Here is much detailed description of Toradora.

Aisaka & Takasu. Takasu, not your typical light novel male lead.

Facts:

Light Novel - Yeah, the usual genre for us teens and those young adults. I don't know if it's a plus but I find the male lead, Ryƫji Takasu, is different from your usual weak, indecisive, & bored main character.

J.C. Staff - Producer behind the animes titles like Honey & Clover, Ghost Hunt, Nodame Cantabile, and Ai Yori Aoshi just to name few. It's writer, Yuyuko Takemiya I have to say is good considering her work Watashitachi no Tamura-kun which I find again very interesting. Also Yasu's character design are awesome.

Seiyuu cast - Rie Kugimiya - Rie-chan has been labeled and stereotype as the tsundere's voice since she's the voice behind tsundere characters we hated & loved (Shana & Louise). Maybe it's not a plus factor for Toradora since the main female character which is Taiga has similarities with Shana and Louise thus she could suffer just by having the similarities plus the fact that she now have the voice of Rie-chan. It may create "Oh she's just like Shana, Louise" impression which is not fair considering that she seem to be a promising "another flavor of tsunderekko"character. Although i like her voice, it just that i want to hear others do what she does. Think of Ai Nonaka and Rei Tanaka, wouldn't that be great?

Zettai Ryouiki - Maybe I have these sort of fetish *No I'm not pervert, who are you calling pervert you damn...? It just no man can and will never be able to resist them.* What's not to love about them? It's a fashion statement and loli's are best seen with their "absolute territory" open to public, for admiration.
Taiga Aisaka may look familiar but I don't care. Hot Zettai Ryouki!

My Verdict - Regardless of what others have to say and thoughts about these show, I love the fact that these is another tsundere love story and got my interest just reading it's description. My gut feel is telling me these one is a must see and that's all that matters now. Just like what I've said earlier, it's kinda unique in it's own little way.





No comments: